I've decided to participate in Stephanie Howell's blog your heart for January. If you're not sure what that is, here's the lowdown...
Here are the "rules" (same as always):
eta- this is NOT just for the last 2 days in January. add your link ANY TIME before the next BYH!
1. Blog whatever is authentic. Whatever is truly on your mind and in your heart.
2. It can be serious, silly, short, long. NOTE:No one said it has to be serious. But it should be authentic.
3. No judging allowed no snarky comments, no making fun, no passive agressive digs.If you are going to read the blogs linked below, don't be mean. Nothing here is whining, though I can't help it if you perceive it that way. It's me honestly sharing my feelings. if you feel that it's whining, then you don't have to read. :)
4. If you BYH, link back here. I'll add an Inlinkz tool at the end of the post. I always read and comment on every single post.
5. Feel free to use the graphic above. Just make sure to link back to me.
There's lots on my mind, so here goes!
1. Amelia is 10 months old now. She's awesome - sweet, giggly, happy, friendly, lazy (the girl does not want to stand or walk), an absolutely blessing in our lives. I never knew I could love someone so much. This is amazing and terrifying at the same time. But I wouldn't go back to my life before we had her. Which leads to number 2...
2. I go back to work in 2 months. 2 months?? Whaa, how'd that happen? Time has flown. And I didn't get anywhere near the amount of stuff done around our 100 year old house that I wanted to. No trim has been painted. No stair risers wallpapered. No cupboards organized. I feel bad about this, because when I go back to work, I'm going to have even less time for this stuff. How am I going to manage it all?
3. I have my first interview for a daycare provider for Amelia tonight. Scary. How will I know I'm making the right decision? We're deciding between a daycare centre and home daycare. How do you go about choosing someone who will love my little girl almost as much as I do? I was so sure that I wanted her in a daycare centre but the reality is, it's nearly double the cost. But then I feel guilty that money is influencing my choice - it shouldn't matter? Yet it does. We could do it, we're living on half my income now, but I'm not gonna lie, it's tight. So currently, I'm (we're) leaning towards a home daycare. Many people have had AMAZING experiences with home daycare, that the provider is like an extended family member but I still have misgivings. But we're going to do some interviewing over the next few days and then maybe we'll have some clarity.
4. I turn 40 in April. 40. I can't believe it. I'm not dreading it at all but it's weird, I don't feel that old (not that 40 is old - it's not). Jason is itching to whisk me away somewhere warm for my birthday, but I don't think we're going to be able to make it happen. Which is ok :)
I guess that's it for now. Thanks for reading. Huh, somehow, it feels a little better to write out all the things that have been on my mind. Imagine that :)
Have a great day!