Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Where oh where have I been?

Sorry I've been absent lately. One of my New Year's resolutions was to blog regularly. I was pretty good at it at the beginning of January, but haven't been here much in the last 2 weeks. But I have a pretty good excuse - we have just purchased our fist home!!! We are beyond excited! The house is one street over from where we currently live and is pretty much exactly what we were looking for. It's an older 2 storey home, built in 1915. It has 3 bedrooms, a fireplace, an unfinished attic and a partially finished basement. We are in love!

The house was not up on MLS and didn't have a For Sale sign up but I had heard that the owners were thinking of selling when I was at my hairstylists in November. I saw Amy, my hairstylist, again in December and she suggested we knock on their door or drop them a note to see if they were in fact planning to sell their house. It took me until January 18th to write the letter but I did and dropped it off. The next night we got a phone call - they had received our letter and wondered if we wanted to see the house. Of course, we did! We went to see the house on January 21 and stepped in the front door and fell in love!!! We went back the following Wednesday with our realtor and put an offer in. The seller's then countered our offer on Thursday and on Saturday we accepted their counter offer! This week has been arranging financing, inspections and insurance and obtaining a lawyer. We are on the home stretch now, just a few more things to finalized before the house is officially ours!!

Here it is:












I hope to get some crafting in on the weekend, but the Superbowl may get in the way -GO Giants GO!!

Cheers,

Kelly :)

3 comments:

  1. I love houses with big front porch.
    I hope you will be very happy in your new home. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!! That is AWESOME!!!! Loveeeeeeeeeee it! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new home...now you will have to share the inside with us too.

    ReplyDelete