Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The little details

Happy New Year! I can't believe it's 2012 already - time is flying by!

I am hoping to scrapbook more this year and my goal is to complete 150 projects (cards or layouts). I've completed my first one thanks to a Sketchy Thursday's 12.29 sketch and Two Scrapbook Friends forum challenge

Here's the sketch:














And here's my layout:














I am still working on my wedding album and here's hoping I get it finished this year! I have wanted to scrap some of the little things that made up my bridal attire for a while. I can be very indecisive but I knew right away I wanted colour added to our day - the red shoes, the red sash were just what I had in mind. I also knew exactly how I wanted my bouquet to look and despite planning our wedding over email and never seeing the venue or meeting our florist, wedding planner and photographer's in person, everything was absolutely perfect!

Thanks for stopping by - hope to see you again soon :)


Recipe:

Papers - Creative Memories, Stampin' Up and some miscellaneous scraps from my stash
Flower: Jolee's boutique
Chipboard "Happy" - Scenic Route
Red Letters - Lush Collection - My Mind's Eye
White Letters - miscellaneous leftovers from my stash

8 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeeee the photos and the flower! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly! So sweet! I love that pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO pretty Kelly! I love the detail photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love the detail photos! I am so jealous that you are finding time to play at Sketchy Thursdays. I will unpack and hope to join you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! I think you can do the 150 layouts! It might be a challenge, but I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the large photo on this layout. Great idea to scrap about the small details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout Kelly...and I wish you a lovely 2012.

    ReplyDelete