Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Two Scrapbook Friends - May Sketch Challenge

Hi there,

I finished the May sketch challenge over at the forum at Two Scrapbook Friends. I loved this sketch from pagemaps:












Here's my take - I followed it pretty closely, surprise surprise ;)











The background paper is from pink paislee. The rest of the paper is Jillibean soup, except for the plain beige piece which is from my scraps. The corrugated kraft alphas are also Jillibean. Flower is from my stash, and I fussy cut it to look more like a palm tree. I soaked it in old olive ink from Stampin' Up to take it from cream to green. The snap shot and people, places things quote are stamps from Stampin' Up stamped in walnut stain and real red. The ribbon is also from Stampin' Up and the heart button is from my stash (I've been hoarding it!).

Oh, and I sewed. With my sewing machine! This is very exciting for me because I only just learned to thread my machine 2 days ago and if you look at the post below my attempts at sewing are scary at worst and amusing at best :)

Thanks for peekin'!

6 comments:

  1. Great LO Kelly - and great sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout, espeically the sewing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Kelly. Colours are gorgeous (as are the people)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! great job and congrats on the sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I really like that sketch. I am hoping to give it a try too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog!! And for your sweet comment :)

    Good luck with the sewing! I sew all the time, (though lately mostly on paper and not on fabric) and love it!

    ReplyDelete