Monday, March 21, 2011

Leisure suit

I've completed another Sketchy Thursday sketch after taking last week off because of school - I had a test and assignment due. 2 more weeks then I am done! Seriously, I can't wait!

This past weekend I got together with my sister to scrap and we had a blast!! She completed 4 double page layouts and one single page and I completed 2 single page layouts. I am such a slow scrapbooker!! The photos are of my niece McKenna who is 19 months old.

Here's the Sketchy Thursdays sketch:



And here's my take:




I love how this turned out and I still have enough pictures of her to do another page so it will eventually end up as a double! Miss McKenna is such a cutie!



The recipe - background paper is from Close to my Heart; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Cinder and Tea Rose; Canvas flower, button, flower & stem stickers and pink paper strip are all from Stampin' Up. The other flower paper strip and the miscellaneous butterfly button are from my sister's stash. The letters are cut using my cricut using the Learning Curve font & melon mambo paper from SU paper. The mini letters are from my stash. The title was placed on white paper from SU that was glimmer misted with the same 2 colours I used on the background paper and the edges were inked with SU melon mambo. The title background was cut using a nestability die in my cuttlebug.

9 comments:

  1. Terrific layout!! Your neice is adorable!!!
    I love your blog header! Stunningly beautiful :)

    Thanks for your visit to my blog too!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job, kelly! i think i have to sit out this week, also due to school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice LO Kelly, she is a cutie and I love your title... I have some pics in mind for this sketch , hope I can get it in by the deadline, but I'll use it anyway ... It' s a good one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tooooooooo cute cute cute! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos and all the pink! Thanks soooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Kelly! The photos are sooo sweet!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photo's! Loving your misting and splattering! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is too cute!!! I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool, love the misting! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week:)

    ReplyDelete