Friday, November 5, 2010

Results

So, it's been a busy week for me as usual, made a little busier with feeling a little under the weather. I'm starting to feel a little better which is good, but I did receive some unsettling news today.

About 3 weeks ago I had a mole on my upper chest biopsied, mostly because the doctor didn't know what it was. Today at work the phone rang, I answered it, thinking it was a regular work question. The receptionist from the doctor's office asked if I had a moment to speak to the doctor. Of course I answered yes, but my brain was already going a mile a minute. I knew that if she was calling, that the results turned up something, but I wasn't quite prepared for melanoma. I have skin cancer and more specifically, melanoma, the "worst" type. Very shocking news, so I have spent the past 5 days or so digesting the news and I'm doing okay now. I have an appointment with a surgeon on November 22 and after that appointment I will have a better idea of where things are at. I'll be sure to keep you all posted! I am hoping we have caught it early!

So, make sure you wear sunscreen every day and be sure to check your entire body for any wacky moles.

Take care,
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Keep you chin up! Things will be okay, I know it. Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive attitude is key. Leads to positive energy and good results! Thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete